Friday, April 4, 2008

tutoring in Acad

Entering the classroom a little nervous, I was given an eight year old boy named Ashton. He was in the second grade and eager to learn. Although Ashton had some difficulties with the material, he was always willing to go back and try to understand it. Ashton was a little shy at first but after the second time of tutoring, he was talkative and bubbly. One day Ashton’s father came to pick him up early. His father sat across the room but I could tell that he was interested in what Ashton was practicing. Ashton was so excited to see his father and immediately began to try a little harder at his work. This showed how much both of them cared for each other. As an outsider, I saw that Ashton’s father cared not only for Ashton but also his education and his future. This also showed me that his father probably works with him each night on his homework. It showed me that Ashton had a strong support system pushing him to be the best child he could be. It is so important for children to practice all the skills because they all build on each other. I think it is great that Ashton’s father is there for him teaching to have a good work ethic as well as good values.

2 comments:

Maggie Jo said...

I think it is so cool that your tutoring! Take pictures of the kids and bring them home! I want to see how cute they are! I know you are going to be such a good techer I can just tell. Also, you are probably going to a pretty bad ass parent. You already are the house "mom". Except for lately,....you wild child. I love you.

Unknown said...

That is really cool that you are tutoring little kids. What kind of stuff are you teaching them? It is good that you got a kid that is willing to learn. It always makes me feel bad when there is a kid who feels like he can not learn.