Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sadness!

I think last night was so devastating for everyone!! I know as everyone prepared for the game, we were all so excited and hoping for a national championship. I have never seen so many people dressed in blue and pumped about the tigers. Not only did the students want this for the team, but I think we all wanted this for our school as well! Although Memphis had the game at the end, they lost. When we realized it was over everyone was so sad. It was almost like someone had just died. I know for many of us it was so upsetting because we have been cheering them on all season long! We had watched almost every game, knowing that the tigers had a great opportunity at winning the national championship. I know for myself, I was upset for them because so many people doubted them all season long. Many people said they were not in a good enough conference to make it to the national championship, but they did it! I know that this loss brought a huge damper on everyone, but there will be many more seasons and many more opportunities for the tigers to win! I really hope that Rose and CDR decide to stay but I know that there are better things that lie ahead.

2 comments:

courtney said...

uhhhhhh i am so upset! I do not think it is just because we lost last night but just waking up this morning and realizing it is over. the basketball season is over! And ya, we may be good next year but we were AWESOME this year and I am afraid we may be losing alot of key players:(

Sarah said...

I really thought we were going to win and we could have. There is no doubt that they could have won. I hate that so many people were doubting them but this really showed them. It sucks that a lot of the guys will be leaving but you are right they do have better things ahead for them and I am sure we will be getting more good guys in the future.